The Borough of Roseland NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting home proprietor. Many home owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing defective sidewalks. In most cases, the house owner will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will hire the work but will assign the property proprietor for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required estate owners to preserve defective sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home owners in Roseland are accountable for upholding the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately preserve their sidewalks, they become responsible for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money down the road. A lot of property owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their laxity or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a limited time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Roseland pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Roseland NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a sidewalk contractor to repair your damaged sidewalk is the ideal way to evade any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will reduce liability and improve the look of your home’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!