The Township of Rochelle Park NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Chapter 350 Section 17 (ecode360.com)
“Duty of abutting landowner. The construction of curbs and sidewalks and all repair, alteration, relaying and maintaining of sidewalks and curbs are hereby declared to be the duty of the abutting landowner.”
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting property owner. Plenty of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing damaged sidewalks. In many cases, the house owner will hire contractors to make the repair or their city will contract the work but will assess the home proprietor for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required home proprietors to preserve broken sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property proprietors in Rochelle Park are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to adequately maintain their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves by cause of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of home owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a certain time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contracting a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Rochelle Park pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Rochelle Park NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to re-construct your broken sidewalk is the ideal way to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and enhance the look of your home’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!