The City of North Caldwell NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting home owner. Thousands of house owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing damaged sidewalks. In most cases, the house proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will charge the home owner for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required estate proprietors to repair broken sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home owners in North Caldwell are responsible for preserving the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to effectively repair their sidewalks, they become accountable for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. A lot of home owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their neglect or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough may also send you a notice requiring you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a restricted time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contacting a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
North Caldwell NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to fix your defective sidewalk is the ideal way to evade any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which will diminish liability and refine the look of your estate’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!