The City of Woodland Park NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting property proprietor. Plenty of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing battered sidewalks. In many cases, the property proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their city will hire the work but will assess the house owner for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required home owners to preserve damaged sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home owners in Woodland Park are liable for upholding the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately maintain their sidewalks, they become responsible for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves by cause of your beat-up sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also many lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of home owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their neglect or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a limited time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by hiring a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Woodland Park pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Woodland Park NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to re-construct your damaged sidewalk is the best solution to evade any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HolesSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HolesSolutions is capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which will diminish liability and improve the look of your estate’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!