The City of Upper Greenwood Lake NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting house proprietor. A lot of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing broken sidewalks. In most cases, the home proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will assign the property proprietor for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required property owners to repair broken sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen..
House proprietors in Upper Greenwood Lake are responsible for upholding the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately maintain their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also many lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. Thousands of property proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice demanding that you fix your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a certain time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contacting a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Upper Greenwood Lake pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Upper Greenwood Lake NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a sidewalk contractor to fix your broken sidewalk is the ideal solution to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and enhance the look of your estate’s aesthetics vastly. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!