The Borough of Emerson NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting home proprietor. Plenty of house proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing broken sidewalks. In many cases, the home proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will hire the work but will assign the house owner for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required property proprietors to fix broken sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House proprietors in Emerson are responsible for upholding the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to effectively maintain their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of house owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice demanding you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a limited time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Emerson pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Emerson NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to re-construct your damaged sidewalk is the best way to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HolesSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HolesSolutions is capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and enhance the look of your property’s aesthetics immensely. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!