The City of West Milford NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting home owner. A lot of home proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing defective sidewalks. In many cases, the home proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their city will contract the work but will assess the property proprietor for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required estate owners to preserve defective sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House owners in West Milford are responsible for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately care for their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your beat-up sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. A lot of house proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their laxity or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a specific time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by hiring a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for West Milford pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
West Milford NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to re-construct your damaged sidewalk is the best solution to evade any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which will diminish liability and improve the look of your estate’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!