The Borough of Upper Saddle River NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting home owner. Plenty of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing broken sidewalks. In most cases, the home proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will hire the work but will assess the property owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required property owners to preserve damaged sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House owners in Upper Saddle River are liable for preserving the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to sufficiently repair their sidewalks, they become liable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your beat-up sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of home owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice requiring you to re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a limited time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Upper Saddle River pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Upper Saddle River NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to fix your broken sidewalk is the best solution to avert any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will minimize liability and enhance the look of your property’s aesthetics immensely. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!