The City of Union City NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting property proprietor. A lot of house owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing battered sidewalks. In many cases, the house proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their city will hire the work but will assess the property owner for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required homeowners to repair damaged sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House proprietors in Union City are responsible for preserving the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to effectively preserve their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home owner. There are also many lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. Thousands of estate proprietors in the state of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding that you repair your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a limited time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by hiring a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Union City pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Union City NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to re-construct your defective sidewalk is the ideal way to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will reduce liability and enhance the look of your house’s aesthetics immensely. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!