The Borough of Teterboro NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting house proprietor. Thousands of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing battered sidewalks. In most cases, the house proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will charge the house owner for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required property owners to preserve defective sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home owners in Teterboro are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately preserve their sidewalks, they become liable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your beat-up sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also many lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. A lot of home owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their neglect or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice demanding that you repair your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a specific time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Teterboro pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Teterboro NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to repair your damaged sidewalk is the best solution to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which will reduce liability and enhance the look of your estate’s aesthetics tremendously. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re risking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!