The City of Skylands NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting house owner. Thousands of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing battered sidewalks. In most cases, the house proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will employ the work but will assign the home owner for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required estate owners to repair defective sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House proprietors in Skylands are liable for preserving the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to effectively preserve their sidewalks, they become responsible for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that injure themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also many lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money down the road. A lot of house proprietors in the state of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice demanding you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a limited time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contacting a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Skylands pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Skylands NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to re-construct your broken sidewalk is the best solution to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and refine the look of your estate’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!