The City of Secaucus NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting property proprietor. Plenty of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing broken sidewalks. In many cases, the property owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will charge the property owner for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required homeowners to repair damaged sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House proprietors in Secaucus are responsible for upholding the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to sufficiently maintain their sidewalks, they become responsible for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money down the road. Thousands of estate proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their neglectfulness or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding you to re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a certain time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Secaucus pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Secaucus NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to re-construct your defective sidewalk is the ideal way to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will reduce liability and enhance the look of your house’s aesthetics immensely. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!