The Borough of Saddle River NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting property proprietor. Plenty of house proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing battered sidewalks. In many cases, the property proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will hire the work but will charge the property owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded estate owners to preserve damaged sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property proprietors in Saddle River are accountable for upholding the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to adequately maintain their sidewalks, they become responsible for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your beat-up sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate proprietor. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. Many house proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your city or borough may also send you a notice demanding you to re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a specific time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contacting a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Saddle River pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Saddle River NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to repair your damaged sidewalk is the ideal solution to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will minimize liability and enhance the look of your home’s aesthetics immensely. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-458-1188 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!