The City of Nutley NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Chapter 339 Section 13 (ecode360.com)
” It shall be the responsibility of any owner of real property abutting any public street or sidewalk in the Borough of Nutley to maintain and repair and, if necessary, reconstruct the sidewalks in front of and abutting such property whenever such sidewalks are in disrepair as to constitute a hazard to the general public.”
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting house proprietor. Plenty of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing broken sidewalks. In most cases, the home owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will assess the property proprietor for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded estate proprietors to preserve defective sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House proprietors in Nutley are accountable for upholding the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to sufficiently care for their sidewalks, they become accountable for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also many lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money down the road. A lot of house owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their laxity or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice requiring you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a limited time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Nutley pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Nutley NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to fix your damaged sidewalk is the ideal solution to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and refine the look of your property’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!