The City of Newfoundland NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting home proprietor. Many home owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing damaged sidewalks. In many cases, the house owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will hire the work but will assess the property owner for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that demanded property proprietors to repair broken sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home proprietors in Newfoundland are liable for maintaining the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to sufficiently maintain their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. Many estate proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their neglectfulness or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a specific time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Newfoundland pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Newfoundland NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to repair your defective sidewalk is the ideal solution to evade any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which will reduce liability and improve the look of your property’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!