The Borough of Montvale NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting property proprietor. Many property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing defective sidewalks. In most cases, the house proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will contract the work but will assign the home owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required property proprietors to preserve broken sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property owners in Montvale are liable for maintaining the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to sufficiently care for their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves by cause of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate proprietor. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of home proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding you to re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a restricted time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Montvale pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Montvale NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to re-construct your broken sidewalk is the ideal way to avert any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will minimize liability and improve the look of your house’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!