The Borough of Millburn NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting property owner. A lot of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing defective sidewalks. In many cases, the house owner will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will assess the property owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that demanded property proprietors to preserve broken sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home proprietors in Millburn are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to effectively maintain their sidewalks, they become liable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property proprietor. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money down the road. A lot of home proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their neglect or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a specific time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contracting a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Millburn pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Millburn NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to repair your damaged sidewalk is the ideal solution to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will reduce liability and improve the look of your house’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!