The Borough of Maywood NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting house proprietor. A lot of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing defective sidewalks. In most cases, the home proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will hire the work but will assess the home proprietor for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required estate owners to repair broken sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property proprietors in Maywood are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately maintain their sidewalks, they become liable for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your beat-up sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property proprietor. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. Many house owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their laxity or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice requiring you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a specific time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Maywood pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Maywood NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to repair your defective sidewalk is the best solution to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and improve the look of your estate’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!