The City of Maplewood NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Chapter 138 Section 26 (ecode360.com)
” Any person owning any land fronting upon any public street or highway within the Township of Maplewood shall keep all sidewalks, curbs, monolithic curbs and gutters fronting said land in good repair “
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting property proprietor. Thousands of house proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing battered sidewalks. In most cases, the house proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will assign the property proprietor for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required homeowners to repair damaged sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House owners in Maplewood are liable for upholding the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to effectively preserve their sidewalks, they become responsible for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home owner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of estate proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their laxity or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a limited time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Maplewood pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Maplewood NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a sidewalk contractor to fix your damaged sidewalk is the ideal solution to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which will reduce liability and refine the look of your home’s aesthetics tremendously. Just one call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re risking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!