The Township of Mahwah NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting property proprietor. A lot of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing defective sidewalks. In many cases, the house proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will employ the work but will assign the house proprietor for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required home proprietors to preserve defective sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property proprietors in Mahwah are accountable for preserving the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately maintain their sidewalks, they become responsible for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your beat-up sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property proprietor. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. A lot of house owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their laxity or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a restricted time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Mahwah pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Mahwah NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to re-construct your defective sidewalk is the ideal solution to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will diminish liability and refine the look of your property’s aesthetics immensely. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!