The Borough of Haworth NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting house owner. Thousands of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing battered sidewalks. In most cases, the home proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will employ the work but will charge the house owner for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded estate proprietors repair damaged sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Estate owners in Haworth are accountable for preserving the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately preserve their sidewalks, they become liable for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property propriety. There are also many of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. A lot of property proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their laxity or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a certain time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Haworth pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Haworth NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to repair your defective sidewalk is the best way to evade any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will reduce liability and refine the look of your property’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!