The Borough of Glen Rock NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Chapter 188 Section 27 (ecode360.com)
“The construction, repair, alteration, relaying and maintaining of curbs and sidewalks abutting private property in the borough shall be the duty of the abutting landowner and shall be accomplished at the expense of such abutting owners.”
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting house proprietor. A lot of home proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing broken sidewalks. In most cases, the house proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will assess the home proprietor for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required home owners to fix damaged sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Estate proprietors in Glen Rock are responsible for maintaining the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to effectively maintain their sidewalks, they become liable for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your beat-up sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home propriety. There are also many of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money down the road. Thousands of property proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a certain time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contracting a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Glen Rock pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Glen Rock NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to fix your broken sidewalk is the ideal way to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will diminish liability and enhance the look of your home’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!