The City of Glen Ridge NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting property owner. A lot of home owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing defective sidewalks. In most cases, the house proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will assign the house proprietor for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required property owners to repair broken sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property proprietors in Glen Ridge are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to adequately care for their sidewalks, they become accountable for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt their selves because of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money down the road. A lot of property owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their neglectfulness or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a limited time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contacting a sidewalk repair company today!
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Glen Ridge NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to re-construct your defective sidewalk is the best way to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which will diminish liability and enhance the look of your house’s aesthetics immensely. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired masterfully!