The City of Garfield NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting house owner. A lot of home proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing broken sidewalks. In most cases, the house owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will charge the home owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required estate proprietors to repair broken sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House owners in Garfield are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to effectively care for their sidewalks, they become liable for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of estate owners in the state of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their neglect or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding that you repair your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a restricted time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Garfield pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Garfield NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to repair your damaged sidewalk is the ideal solution to evade any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will reduce liability and refine the look of your estate’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired by experts!