The Borough of Fairview NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting home proprietor. Thousands of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing defective sidewalks. In most cases, the home owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will charge the house proprietor for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required home proprietors to fix defective sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home owners in Fairview are responsible for upholding the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to sufficiently repair their sidewalks, they become liable for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property propriety. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Many home proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice demanding you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a specific time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Fairview pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Fairview NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to fix your defective sidewalk is the ideal way to evade any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will diminish liability and enhance the look of your house’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed masterfully!