The City of Fairfield NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting property proprietor. Thousands of house owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing damaged sidewalks. In most cases, the home proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will charge the property owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required home owners to fix damaged sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property owners in Fairfield are accountable for upholding the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to adequately care for their sidewalks, they become liable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. A lot of house owners in the state of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their laxity or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a certain time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Fairfield NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to repair your damaged sidewalk is the best solution to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which will reduce liability and refine the look of your home’s aesthetics immensely. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed masterfully!