The City of East Orange NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the state of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting home owner. Plenty of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing broken sidewalks. In many cases, the home owner will hire contractors to make the repair or their city will contract the work but will assess the property proprietor for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded home proprietors to fix defective sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a limited time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contacting a sidewalk repair company today!
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
East Orange NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a sidewalk contractor to repair your broken sidewalk is the ideal way to avert any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will diminish liability and improve the look of your property’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired masterfully!