The Borough of Cresskill NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Chapter 230 Section 83 (ecode360.com)
“The owner or occupant of premises abutting any stone or concrete sidewalk shall maintain such sidewalk at all times in a good and passable condition at a grade which will prevent water accumulating thereon and shall replace any portion thereof which becomes broken and shall maintain the same so that the joints thereof are even. The surface of all concrete sidewalks shall be kept properly roughened so as not to become smooth and slippery..”
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting property proprietor. Many house proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing battered sidewalks. In many cases, the home owner will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will charge the home owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required estate proprietors to repair damaged sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Estate owners in Cresskill are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately repair their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt their selves because of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also many of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. Many estate proprietors in the state of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice demanding that you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a specific time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Cresskill pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Cresskill NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to repair your defective sidewalk is the ideal solution to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will reduce liability and improve the look of your estate’s aesthetics vastly. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired expertly!