The Borough of Closter NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Chapter 273 Section 4 (ecode360.com)
“The owner or owners, tenant or tenants of lands abutting or bordering upon the sidewalks of public streets, avenues and highways within the limits of the Borough of Closter shall keep trimmed all grass and weeds bordering such sidewalks and shall remove all bushes, brush, undergrowth and other impediments bordering such sidewalks and existing between the curbline of such street, avenue or highway and the property line of the abutting property.”
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting property proprietor. Many property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing broken sidewalks. In most cases, the property proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will assess the house owner for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required property proprietors to preserve broken sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property owners in Closter are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately maintain their sidewalks, they become accountable for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate owner. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. A lot of home owners in the state of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their neglectfulness or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a restricted time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by hiring a sidewalk repair company now!
Best Closter Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Closter pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Closter, NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to repair your defective sidewalk is the best way to evade any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will minimize liability and improve the look of your house’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!