The Borough of Wood-Ridge NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting property proprietor. Many house owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing battered sidewalks. In most cases, the house proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will charge the house proprietor for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required home proprietors to fix broken sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property proprietors in Wood-Ridge are accountable for preserving the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to adequately preserve their sidewalks, they become responsible for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property proprietor. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money down the road. Thousands of house owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice demanding that you repair your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a limited time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Wood-ridge pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Wood-Ridge NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to repair your damaged sidewalk is the best solution to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which will reduce liability and enhance the look of your estate’s aesthetics tremendously. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!