The City of West Orange NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting home proprietor. Plenty of home proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing damaged sidewalks. In most cases, the home owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will assess the home owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded home owners to repair damaged sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House owners in West Orange are responsible for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately maintain their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home owner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. Many home proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their neglectfulness or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding that you fix your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a limited time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
West Orange NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to repair your damaged sidewalk is the ideal solution to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which will diminish liability and refine the look of your home’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!