The City of West Caldwell NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting home proprietor. Plenty of house owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing broken sidewalks. In many cases, the property proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will contract the work but will charge the property proprietor for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required property proprietors to fix damaged sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home proprietors in West Caldwell are accountable for preserving the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to effectively maintain their sidewalks, they become liable for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money down the road. A lot of estate proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your city or borough may also send you a notice requiring you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a restricted time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
West Caldwell NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a sidewalk contractor to re-construct your broken sidewalk is the best way to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will diminish liability and refine the look of your property’s aesthetics immensely. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!