The Borough of South Hackensack NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting house proprietor. Many property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing battered sidewalks. In many cases, the home owner will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will assign the home proprietor for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required estate proprietors to preserve defective sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Estate proprietors in South Hackensack are liable for preserving the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to effectively repair their sidewalks, they become responsible for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate proprietor. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. A lot of home owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their neglect or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice requiring you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a specific time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for South Hackensack pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
South Hackensack NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to fix your defective sidewalk is the best way to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will reduce liability and refine the look of your home’s aesthetics vastly. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!