The Borough of Saddle Brook NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Chapter 174 Section 25 (ecode360.com)
“The owner or owners, tenant or tenants of lands abutting or bordering upon the sidewalks and gutters of the public streets, avenues and highways in the Township of Saddle Brook shall repair, replace or cause to be repaired or replaced all crumbled, fragmented, cracked, destroyed or otherwise damaged sidewalks or portions thereof in front of or bordering on their said lands which constitute a dangerous condition, or whose repair or replacement may otherwise be necessary to protect the public in its use of such sidewalks or portions thereof. Such repairs or replacements shall be made within 120 days of the receipt of notice from the township, as described below.”
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting home owner. Thousands of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing battered sidewalks. In most cases, the property proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will hire the work but will assign the property proprietor for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that demanded estate proprietors to fix broken sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House proprietors in Saddle Brook are liable for maintaining the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to adequately repair their sidewalks, they become responsible for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your beat-up sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home proprietor. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. A lot of home proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their negligence or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice demanding that you re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a restricted time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Saddle Brook pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Saddle Brook NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a sidewalk contractor to fix your damaged sidewalk is the ideal solution to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will diminish liability and enhance the look of your estate’s aesthetics immensely. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!