The Borough of Rockleigh NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting home proprietor. A lot of home owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing battered sidewalks. In many cases, the home proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will charge the house proprietor for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required estate owners to fix damaged sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Estate proprietors in Rockleigh are liable for preserving the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately maintain their sidewalks, they become accountable for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home proprietor. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Many property proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their neglect or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice demanding that you fix your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a certain time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by hiring a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Rockleigh pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Rockleigh NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to fix your damaged sidewalk is the ideal solution to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which will reduce liability and enhance the look of your house’s aesthetics tremendously. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!