The City of Orange NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting house owner. A lot of house owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing battered sidewalks. In most cases, the house proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will charge the property proprietor for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded estate owners to fix defective sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property owners in Orange are responsible for upholding the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to sufficiently maintain their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home proprietor. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Many home owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their laxity or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding that you fix your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a restricted time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contracting a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Orange NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to repair your defective sidewalk is the ideal way to evade any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and enhance the look of your estate’s aesthetics immensely. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!