The Borough of Oakland NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting property proprietor. Many home proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing battered sidewalks. In many cases, the house owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will assign the property proprietor for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that demanded home proprietors to preserve broken sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property owners in Oakland are accountable for upholding the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to adequately maintain their sidewalks, they become liable for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your beat-up sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home proprietor. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of property owners in the state of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice demanding that you re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a restricted time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Oakland pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Oakland NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a sidewalk contractor to fix your defective sidewalk is the ideal way to avert any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and refine the look of your estate’s aesthetics tremendously. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!