The City of North Bergen NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting home owner. A lot of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing battered sidewalks. In many cases, the house owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will employ the work but will charge the property owner for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required homeowners to repair damaged sidewalks in front of their homes. The city of North Bergen can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Estate owners in North Bergen are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to effectively repair their sidewalks, they become liable for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home proprietor. There are also many of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of estate owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding that you repair your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a specific time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company now!
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
North Bergen NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
HOLESSolutions is a branded, reliable and masterful infrastructure repair business that specializes in North Bergen sidewalk repair. HOLESSolutions prepares fresh concrete, delivered or installed, to residential house owners all over North Bergen. Equipped with state-of-the-art concrete mixing equipment and an experienced crew, HOLESSolutions delivers quality service at an affordable price – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Call 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!