The Borough of Moonachie NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting house proprietor. Thousands of house owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing damaged sidewalks. In many cases, the house proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their city will employ the work but will assess the property proprietor for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required property owners to preserve defective sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home owners in Moonachie are liable for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately repair their sidewalks, they become accountable for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also many of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money down the road. A lot of house proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their neglectfulness or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice requiring you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a restricted time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Moonachie pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Moonachie NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to repair your broken sidewalk is the best way to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will diminish liability and improve the look of your property’s aesthetics tremendously. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!