The Borough of Lodi NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting property owner. Thousands of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing battered sidewalks. In most cases, the home proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their city will employ the work but will charge the home proprietor for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded home proprietors to preserve defective sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House proprietors in Lodi are liable for preserving the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to effectively repair their sidewalks, they become responsible for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property proprietor. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of house proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their laxity or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding that you re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a limited time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contacting a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Lodi pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Lodi NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a sidewalk contractor to repair your damaged sidewalk is the ideal way to evade any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will reduce liability and improve the look of your house’s aesthetics immensely. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!