The Borough of Little Ferry NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting property proprietor. Thousands of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing damaged sidewalks. In most cases, the house owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will charge the house owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required estate owners to repair defective sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Estate owners in Little Ferry are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to sufficiently maintain their sidewalks, they become responsible for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home proprietor. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. A lot of home owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their neglect or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough may also send you a notice demanding that you re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a limited time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Little Ferry pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Little Ferry NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to re-construct your broken sidewalk is the best solution to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will minimize liability and refine the look of your home’s aesthetics immensely. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re risking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed expertly!