The City of Little Falls NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair and maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting house owner. Many home proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing battered sidewalks. In many cases, the property owner will hire contractors to make the repair or their city will contract the work but will charge the property owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded property proprietors to fix damaged sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home proprietors in Little Falls are liable for preserving the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to effectively repair their sidewalks, they become responsible for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your beat-up sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home owner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of property proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their laxity or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your city or borough may also send you a notice demanding that you fix your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a limited time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Little Falls pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Little Falls NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to fix your damaged sidewalk is the ideal solution to evade any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and enhance the look of your house’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!