The City of Hewitt NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting home proprietor. Plenty of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing broken sidewalks. In many cases, the house owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will assess the home proprietor for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required property proprietors to fix broken sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home owners in Hewitt are liable for maintaining the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to effectively repair their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property proprietor. There are also many of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of estate owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their laxity or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice demanding that you repair your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a certain time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Hewitt pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Hewitt NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to re-construct your broken sidewalk is the ideal solution to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will reduce liability and enhance the look of your property’s aesthetics immensely. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!