The City of Haskell NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting property owner. Thousands of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing defective sidewalks. In most cases, the home proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will hire the work but will charge the home owner for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required property proprietors to repair defective sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home proprietors in Haskell are accountable for upholding the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to sufficiently preserve their sidewalks, they become responsible for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. Thousands of house proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their neglect or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice requiring you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a limited time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Haskell pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Haskell NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to re-construct your defective sidewalk is the best way to avert any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and enhance the look of your house’s aesthetics immensely. Available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!