The City of Harrison NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting house owner. Thousands of house proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing broken sidewalks. In many cases, the home proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will hire the work but will assess the home owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required homeowners to repair damaged sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Estate owners in Harrison are responsible for preserving the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to sufficiently repair their sidewalks, they become liable for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home proprietor. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of property owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability. Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a certain time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Harrison pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Harrison NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to re-construct your defective sidewalk is the ideal way to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will reduce liability and enhance the look of your house’s aesthetics immensely. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!