The Borough of Franklin Lakes NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting home owner. Plenty of house proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing defective sidewalks. In most cases, the house owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will employ the work but will assess the home owner for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded estate proprietors to preserve damaged sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House owners in Franklin Lakes are accountable for preserving the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to adequately care for their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that injure themselves by cause of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the estate propriety. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. Many estate proprietors in the state of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their laxity or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a certain time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contacting a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Franklin Lakes pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Franklin Lakes NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to fix your damaged sidewalk is the best solution to evade any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will diminish liability and enhance the look of your estate’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired expertly!