The Borough of Fair Lawn NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting home owner. Plenty of home owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for repairing battered sidewalks. In most cases, the property proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will assess the house proprietor for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that demanded property proprietors to preserve defective sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House proprietors in Fair Lawn are responsible for maintaining the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to sufficiently maintain their sidewalks, they become responsible for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also many of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Many estate owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their neglectfulness or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a limited time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Fair Lawn pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Fair Lawn NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to re-construct your defective sidewalk is the best solution to avert any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will reduce liability and improve the look of your home’s aesthetics immensely. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re risking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired masterfully!