The Borough of Elmwood Park NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the state of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting home owner. A lot of house proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing battered sidewalks. In many cases, the house owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will hire the work but will assign the house proprietor for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required estate proprietors to repair broken sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property owners in Elmwood Park are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to adequately preserve their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves by cause of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home owner. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Many house owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough can also send you a notice demanding that you re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a specific time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Elmwood Park pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Elmwood Park NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to fix your defective sidewalk is the ideal way to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will reduce liability and improve the look of your house’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!