The Borough of East Rutherford NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting property proprietor. Thousands of house owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing battered sidewalks. In most cases, the house proprietor will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will assign the house owner for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required property owners to repair broken sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property owners in East Rutherford are liable for upholding the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to sufficiently care for their sidewalks, they become liable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Many property proprietors in the state of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their negligence or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your city or borough may also send you a notice demanding that you fix your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a restricted time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contacting a sidewalk repair company now!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for East Rutherford pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
East Rutherford NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to re-construct your damaged sidewalk is the ideal way to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours which will reduce liability and enhance the look of your property’s aesthetics vastly. Just a quick call to HOLESSolutions will end the daily gamble you’re taking. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired masterfully!