The Borough of Carlstadt NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting property owner. Thousands of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing defective sidewalks. In most cases, the house owner will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will assess the home owner for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required estate proprietors to fix defective sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Estate proprietors in Carlstadt are responsible for upholding the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to sufficiently repair their sidewalks, they become responsible for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that injure themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the homeowner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money down the road. A lot of house proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their laxity or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your city or borough may also send you a notice demanding you to repair your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a certain time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by hiring a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Bogota pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Carlstadt NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a contractor to repair your damaged sidewalk is the best way to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and enhance the look of your house’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!